Tuesday, April 13, 2010

reflection.

So the last "yearish" for me has been amazing...I mean really when I look back on the moments that were, well...less than, I seem to have a hard time remembering the details. At the end of the day, the good days far out-way the bad. I have had opportunities to write with some amazing writers, be a part of making some amazing music, and make some "lifers." You know, those are the people that you know will be around forever with you. The ones that you will do life with, make lots of memories, and who knows maybe your kids will get married and/or be bff's for a really long time too!
When I think about the music, I think about the stories I've told, the lives that will be enriched because of the lyrics, and emotions that will be evoked because of the melodies. A year ago I made my first trip to Nashville, TN after a journey of about 9 months that came to an abrupt end on a stage in front of about 20 million people. (if you don't know what I'm talking about google me...lol) Since that day, I feel like the adventure has been so FULL! I think I am reflecting today because yesterday some good friends of mine wrote a song (Cary Barlowe and Shane Stevens) called "American Honey" that just went #1. So I have kinda been thinking wow.....they did it... so can I. So I am just really encouraged today and excited about the future...who knows what it will hold, but I am up for the ride. I keep reminding myself I am a wife, a mom, on a journey, and on my way to win a grammy.....but along that journey, I won't forget to stop take a look around, love life, make lots of memories with my boys (hubby and son) give lots of hugs and kisses tell people that I love them and while doing everything, not forgetting it is all for my creator.

3 comments:

  1. Where's the "like" button on here? Hehe
    Diego

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so blessed to see you going through the things you have and being able to support you at your shows and everything! When the world wises up, you will be a force to be reckon with! Just know I got your back through it all! Your story is so inspirational and I love the fact that you have got a glimpse of fame and you still have your humbleness! I can't wait to see what the future holds F Breezy! Always remember to let the Holy Spirit guide you!
    Mooky :-)

    ReplyDelete

Join my mailing List


Band website design
Quantcast

A day in my life with Malachi