Tuesday, February 23, 2010

AMERICAN IDOL LIVE!!!! GIRLS TOP 12

First of all, I cannot believe that this time last year I was in LA doing exactly what I am watching on TV tonight!...So besides taking in the talent and not so talented this evening, I also kinda took a walk down memory lane!....but enough about me and season 8 let's chat about the top 12 girls of season 9

The evening started with Paige Miles, which by the end of the night I had kinda forgotten about....I mean she wasn't terrible, but I think if asked Simon would retract his statement about her being the best female singer!
Then came Ashley Rodriguez singing Mariah Carey...and she was good, but got kinda pitchy when she pushed vocally. I only agreed with the judges a few times tonight, but when they said Janelle Wheeler sang the wrong song I agreed ....she should go with a "Bubbly" kinda song
So my fav of the night!!!!.....LILLY SCOTT!...interesting song choice cool sound, but the reason I love her so much is because she was SO ORIGINAL!!! I felt like she knows exactly who she is and went for that! Another killer voice of the night was Katelyn Epperly....she sounded great but I definitely agreed with the comments about her going back to the more "natural look." Haley Vaughn should be a Disney artist, you can't really fault her for being happy, but it was a little much....however, I would rather see the smile as to seeing a frown! I was really hoping Lacey Brown would have received better comments...I thought her song choice was great, and her performance got better as the song continued.....I am really hoping makes it through this week and gets another chance! Last year I sang "No One" by Alicia Keys and this year Michelle Delamor pulled out an Alicia Keys cut as well! she sang AMAZING...but I would like to see her try something a little less predictable! Our Season 7 Brook White look-a-like Didi Benami picked the perfect song unlike some of the other girls, but not to sure about the Joseph and the amazing technicolor dream coat sweater-vest....but hey...to each his own...Siobhan Magnus is definitely original...and her confidence was GREAT too...not to mention out of all of the girls she was technically AWESOME!!!! However, if we want to talk about authenticity Crystal Bowersox is the pick!...she, along with her guitar and harmonica, rocked the night with originality and authenticity. Ending the night with a Michael Buble smash, Katie Stevens sang amazing, but left us all wanting to see a more "young and hip" artist with her being only 17!...So my favs are Lilly Scott, and Katelyn Epperly followed by Michelle and Siobhan....I think the ones that may be packing their bags are Paige Miles, Haley Vaughn and Janelle Wheeler....we shall see!!!!! CAN'T wait for the boys tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join my mailing List


Band website design
Quantcast

A day in my life with Malachi