Wednesday, February 24, 2010

AMERICAN IDOL LIVE!!!! TOP 12 BOYS!!!!

Alright so I was kinda excited about the top 12 guys and then somewhere around 8:45 I was wishing I was doing live commentary for the FOX hit 24 and Jack Bauer was performing...and as Tyler Grady graced the stage and brought us back to the 70's my husband made the comment that this couldn't be the TOP 24 performers out of the 100,000 auditions!!! Finally Michael Lynch brought some energy to the stage with a cool sound. I love a good soulful singer that doesn't just do R&B, however I wasn't a fan of Simon's comments. Todrick Hall started the evening off with a HUGE risk redoing the Kelly Clarkson SMASH "Since you've been gone."
Followed by an average performance by Aaron Kelly singing Rascal Flats "Here Comes Goodbye"...he has a pretty good voice, but it kinda came across nervous....which I know first hand! Jermaine Sellers had to make up for his "throwing the band under the bus" moment in Hollywood, but at the end of the day I kinda think he came across a little cocky! Tim Urban sang "Apologize" and should have have stayed away from the whole head voice thing he has a current look, but was not the best song choice! I was definitely a fan of Joe Munoz....he showed amazing control for me he was top 4 of the night! One of the most confusing moments for me was listening to the comments from the judges regarding Lee Dewyze...he was SO PITCHY! and Simon loved him for some reason...his ears were not working!! Singing "God Bless the Child" John Park did an OK job...I hope it was good enough to keep him in the competition because I want to hear more!!!
Onto the new Lambert, Alex looked pretty bored thru the song, I think he has a cool sound but is an immature performer, so hopefully he will grow through the show!
Now I don't know where to start with Casey James....well let me just say this..my husband has a ponytail and plays guitar too, so I have an honest crush on this boy, but he looks like my hubby so it's OK! HAHA!...seriously though! LOVED HIM! FAV OF THE NIGHT!!! like Kara said, "EAR CANDY AND EYE CANDY." While on Idol, everyone always wonders who is gonna get the "pimp" spot as we call it the coveted last singer of the evening...which went to (drum roll) Andrew Garcia...well let's be honest we knew that was going to happen, and it is well deserved. Although he did not do as well as I had hoped, he held his own and we all know he is not going anywhere anytime soon!!! So Andrew Garcia if you are reading my blog...relax, enjoy every moment, and just re-do Paula Abdul songs all season long and make those judges happy! For LIVE commentary thru the show and to keep up to date on my journey please follow me on twtitter.com/feliciabarton facebook.com/feliciabarton and myspace.com/feliciabarton

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha...I had a feeling you'd be jonesing for Casey! Something about him...lol.

    Spot on agreed with everything you said. It was really enlightening for me to hear Ellen talk about how it sounds so much better in the studio than it does at home. Makes sense when the judges start praising someone that was all over the place -- the TV really does pick up every wrong note!

    ReplyDelete

Join my mailing List


Band website design
Quantcast

A day in my life with Malachi