Tuesday, March 2, 2010

AMERICAN IDOL LIVE!!!! TOP 10 BOYS!!!!

So, this week on Idol we got a little reversed with the boys being on Tuesday and girls on Wednesday. They say it is because Crystal Bowersox is sick, which we do wish her the best, however I think it is because last week the girls bored us and then the show was saved by the guys night! HA! so regardless GOOD CALL!!! MICHAEL LYNCH!!!! brought the house down...he started off the show with a BAM!...I mean REALLY performed the song, even received a standing ovation from Randy, along with amazing comments from every other judge! Next up to bat with a better song choice, was John Park but there was something still missing, maybe it was John Mayer singing Gravity instead of him. UGH!...I was really hoping for more, kinda trying too hard?...what did you guys think? Honestly just a little confusing for me. Then in classic Casey James form, he wisk's every woman away into Casey land, by KILLING his guitar...he did seem a little uncomfortable singing, but I would just like for him to pull his hair back next week! and wisk me back to Casey land! On a side note, I really am enjoying Ellen's comments! WELCOME TO THE PANEL ELLEN! YES.....Alex Lambert...getting better and better every week....I really LOVE his voice, and love Simon's comment about getting a killer instinct and taking part in the competition...believing that he can WIN THIS! Toddrick Hall brought us back with some Tina Turner singing "What's Love got to do with it"....ending with some great falsetto, he was kinda pitchy throughout but honestly, I really like that he changes up arrangements, it makes me sit and go "what is gonna do with this song!" Maybe it is the musician in me that likes that kinda stuff, but the average listener wants things more simple? HMMM. Ok so right about now in the show I was interrupted by my husband shaving his beard which totally threw me off for a few minutes, but then Jermaine Sellers brought me back with his cool voice, however his personality is coming across a little "cocky," or maybe it was just doing too much like the judges said! With Andrew Garcia singing James Morrison he came across a little bored, but I am still a fan....but really needs to watch the pitchiness...yikes...not my favorite performance for him but shouldn't worry about leaving this week! WOW ME NEXT WEEK ANDREW!!!! Bringing more confidence? YES..Aaron Kelly sang "My Girl" this week, he consistently shows that he has a great natural talent, however I can't wait to hear him sing something more relevant and modern. Making up for last week's um....well not so good performance, Tim Urban really did a GREAT JOB! picking a GREAT song!....not to mention I think he is going to pick up the teeny bopper vote...unfortunately, the judges did not feel it so much except for Simon...which I agreed with! So...Lee Dewyze the "nice guy who made bad decisions," got the last spot of the night...I was hoping for a MUCH LESS PITCHY performance and I kinda got it? I mean he has a cool sound cool vibe, but at the end of the day he needs to vocally improve! FAV boy of the night....MICHAEL LYNCH...my prediction is that John Park is gonna be leaving us this week along with Tim Urban, Aaron Kelly....until next time please follow me on twitter at twitter.com/feliciabarton myspace.com/feliciabarton and facebook.com/feliciabarton

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you said about Ellen's comments she is a pretty good judge! Tonight is the first night I was actually able to sit down and watch Idol! Overall I wasn't that impressed some of great performances while some had pitch and problems! being a musician really makes a difference when you are watching a show like this because you know the basics of music, me being in band all these year off pitch and on pitch is very clear!

    ReplyDelete

Join my mailing List


Band website design
Quantcast

A day in my life with Malachi