Wednesday, March 3, 2010

AMERICAN IDOL LIVE!!!! TOP 10 GIRLS!!!!

Tonight on Idol we were all excited to see that Crystal Bowersox was feeling better and back on the stage, and SOUNDED GREAT! Next up was the "flower headband creator" Haley Vaughn who, in my opinion, sang VERY PITCHY!!! I was really hoping for more vocally, because she has an "it factor" as far as possibility to be a star...she is "likeable." Fellow Season 8 contestant, Lacey Brown, who was given the boot during Hollywood last year, is back this season and I am a FAN!...tonight she sang "Kiss Me," which was a GREAT song choice, but I do think she dealt with some nerves and will need to step up the performance side in order to make it thru the competition! 17-year old, Katie Stevens was up next singing my original audition song "Put Your Records on" which was pretty good....unfortunately for her she is a 17 year old that likes older music, but is being forced into a young pop box. LET HER BE WHO SHE WANTS TO BE AS AN ARTIST!!!! Trying to bring her "star-meter" up Didi sang "Lean on Me," but may have messed with the melody of a classic song too much! She sounded great, but overall was just an O.K. performance. Michelle Delamore took a risk singing "With Arms Wide Open" by Creed....did the risk pay off? we shall see! I agree with Randy when he said "it fell flat," however Kara and Simon kinda like it saying she got 80% of it right! So hmmm what do you think? Lilly Scott proved again that this is the "season for unique artists." I personally really loved it, so much in fact, that I am READY TO BUY HER RECORD!!! So I thought Crystal Bowersox was going to be my favorite of the night, but when Katelyn Epperly sang I seriously hung on every note! SHE WAS AMAZING! I honestly don't understand where the judges got off saying anything negative about her performance...for me it was pretty flawless! Next in the line up was Paige Miles, who sang Kelly Clarkson's "Walk Away." Why do I always find myself agreeing with Simon...I think her song was "forgettable" as well. She has a good voice, but will need to step it up to make thru this competition. Closing out the night was Siobhan Magnus, who is just as cute as can be, and had a technically GREAT performance last week. This week she again brought an interesting performance.....and agreeing with Simon, the first half was rough, but that last note was INCREDIBLE!
So who do you think is going home this week? All I know is that it won't be Katelyn Epperly or Crystal Bowersox!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Loved Katelyn Epperly!! Loved Siobhan's big note. =) I hope Lacey doesn't go home. She's so cute, and I love her smile. Her voice is nice when she picks the right song. Just being honest...I don't get Crystal's appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Felicia, you are pretty spot on, except I have to disagree with your analysis of Katelyn Epperly. Although I think she will survive, at best I place her 6th tonight. I felt the night was very clearly won by Crystal, with Lilly and Siobhan tied for second best. I think Michelle and Haley are going home, and I sort of hate to see Haley voted off, with her great looks and perdonality, but judges are right, she should have waited a year or two to prepare. All in all, much better than the guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim Cantiello loved Katelyn too! --> "I take back every negative thing I've ever said about Katelyn Epperly. Divorce Girl For The Win!!"

    ReplyDelete

Join my mailing List


Band website design
Quantcast

A day in my life with Malachi