Tuesday, March 9, 2010

American Idol GIRLS NIGHT!

Tonight you may have missed my live tweets at www.twitter.com/feliciabarton however, it was for a good reason...my little boy Malachi turned 3!!!! So unfortunately, Idol took a second place slot for me tonight....but don't worry I DVR'd it!!! So the night started with Katie Stevens singing a slightly "pitchy" version of Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway." She has such a natural talent, but I agree that the song may have been too BIG for her. Next up to bat was Siobhan Magnus snging "House of the Rising Sun," she sang with such technical precision and I honestly really liked the song choice! Not to mention, she sang with such conviction...that is how you compete in a competition like American Idol...she is a thrill to watch every week. Continuing with Great song choices Lacy Brown sang Brandi Carlisle's "The Story." I totally agreed with Ellen when she said that it sounded like the song could have been written for her! So last week, I hung on every note that Katelyn Epperly sang, but this week I thought she picked the WRONG SONG! not to mention I don't think she should have stood up while playing, and the song just stayed in one place for me....agreed with Kara where it was almost like she didn't compete this week!...Sill a fan, want to hear her do "The Scientist" again!!! Didi Benami sang a Fleetwood Mac song, and SOUNDED AMAZING! She was totally connected the entire time...THIS WAS HER BEST ON THE SHOW SO FAR!!! This week her tears where happy tears! Paige Miles came to the stage singing "Smile" but unfortunately forgot to actually SMILE.....honestly this performance is what I have been seeing from the beginning and why I have thought she should have been gone week 1....she has done much better, but it was just an unfortunate night for her. Bringing the night back up, Crystal Bowersox sang "Give me one Reason" and made me believe once again that she can WIN THIS SHOW! Closing the show out tonight Lilly Scott sang "I fall to pieces" playing a mandolin, which is kinda cool, and I will say it again..."I will buy her record." So my favorite of the night is a Crytal Bowersox, however a close second for me was Didi Benami, Lacey Brown, and Siobhan Magnus....ok so l actually enjoyed more than one! Unfortunately, I think Katie Stevens and Paige Miles are up for elimination on Thursday.....for live commentary and to keep up to date on my journey please follow me at www.twitter.com/feliciabarton www.facebook.com/feliciabarton and myspace.com/feliciabarton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join my mailing List


Band website design
Quantcast

A day in my life with Malachi