Tuesday, January 26, 2010

AI Auditions LA!!!!

So I haven't seen LA, since I was booted from the show, the second time....I can't wait to get back, but what an interesting city....I mean really, what other city could bring such a, how do I say this, extremely diverse group of people. Self proclaimed "big geek" Neil Goldstein started the night off with an amazing vibrato infused Meatloaf song, accompanied by hope for an album entitled "HOPE" (original) and then quotes "there is no reality but what we make for ourselves," as the security comes out of the woodwork!. WOW...what a start...but then I think all of the aspiring actors came out for their 30 seconds of fame Jim Ranger, Jayson Wilson, Jesse Chang, and Marin Perez....bad singing....BAD acting!....but I am sure we will see them on some random episode of LAW and Order!. BAHAHA!

Finally were blessed to hear the vocals of a worship pastor who could actually pull it off!...Kinda funny that they made a big deal about him being a worship leader when there were SOOO Many of us on Season 8...Avril Levign started to get annoying with him implying that he wouldn't leave the worship leading gig to travel the world and be the next American Idol!...hello...Kris Allen, Felicia Barton (wait that's me), Danny Gokey....anyways....he did an original and rocked it!!!!

On a side note....Damien Lefavor...if you have been trying to hit a note for years and still can't sing it...then don't!...maybe you should just stick to the martial arts..but then again..well, I will let a professional martial artist give you comments in that area!

Then we had our resident "Rocker mom" now don't get me wrong...I am all about the mommas trying to make it! I mean hey let's give it up for the mom's in season 8 me, lil, megan joy, and Alexis grace.....Mary Powers, mommy of a Simon adoring 8 year old was pretty cool with a nice raspy sound, but I just hope she found a little more originality for Hollywood week...I agreed with Simon that she was a tad cliche'.

If you decide to audition for Idol in future...DO NOT BE A NAME DROPPER!..and DO NOT TRY TO BE ADAM LAMBERT....you see Adam is a one and only...pretty original, and now AJ Mendoza you will be forever compared if you try (but do not succeed) to sing like him.
The auditioners continued to fall with Austin Fullmer wearing a "Where's Waldo" pleather shirt and doing some sort of leg clapping but with hopes from his friend at the end "don't be surprised if Katy calls you later" Poor deceived people!

Ok so my favorite of the night and probably favorite of the season honestly....Andrew Garcia!!!!!!!!! can I just talk about how genuine he came across...AMAZING STORY!..AMAZING VOICE!...kinda in a weird way reminds me of Israel Houghton (christian singer) and Danny Gokey (I know you know who he is HA!) anyways we will be talking about him a lot this season..if not well then I need to have a conversation with these producers...oh wait I was given the boot too...that conversation didn't work...haha....Glad he is getting a chance though...really like him!

And of course fav girl of the night Tasha Lynton!!!!!...love her too!...again with the complete genuineness!..cool voice...good song choice and evidently is a friend of @sharonwilbur
Chris Golightly was good, a little over dramatic with his movements, but at the end of the day had a good natural talent...but our night would not have been complete without the scary magic believing overly sexual Jason Green...PS...have I mentioned how much I love the security!!!! Big Guy Aaron is AWESOME!

So my recap....Katy Perry should have done both days, Avril didn't have much good to say, and I have to get up 4 am to sing on WTKR channel 3 so I NEED TO GO TO BED!!!! please follow me tomorrow night! www.twitter.com/feliciabarton www.facebook.com/feliciabarton www.followingfelicia.blogspot.com and my idol blogs on www.ainow.org

SEE YA!

1 comment:

  1. Andrew Garcia is totally my favorite of the season so far. As you know, there are still some great ones that don't get shown until later i.e. Felicia Barton. He had awesome vocals. Knew where was going with it and I could totally tell what kind of artist he would be.

    ReplyDelete

Join my mailing List


Band website design
Quantcast

A day in my life with Malachi