Friday, January 15, 2010

what to do about death

So on New Year's Eve an old friend of mine who had some drug issues partied a little too hard and went into cardiac arrest, after an emotional ride of almost 2 weeks, for her family, thinking she would make it then knowing she wouldn't....she passed. What do you do when someone that is your age, has a kid the same age as yours, went to the same schools as you, performed in the same musicals as you, competed in the same pageants as you, goes away, leaving only a memory and a beautiful 3 year old little girl, that looks just like her and that she LOVED and cared for dearly! Well, after the anger subsides, and the God questions arise...you ask yourself what could I have done. So my point to this blog is this....today is her funeral, I have been given the honor of singing, but more than that I feel like I need to do something in her honor...something to help make a difference so that this little angel of hers knows that her mommies journey saved the lives of many others, I think this is a part of my grieving...what can I do....so here it is..if you or someone you know is dealing with real addictions then GET HELP!...In the last year of my life, I have seen drugs mess with one to many families, and the death of my friend was the straw that broke the camels back, for me. Last summer a good friend of mine relapsed and ended up sweating it out on my couch only to disappear for another month and then when she was ready she came back and has now been clean for quite some time, a family member of mine decided he wanted to try it out and experimented with way too much and ended up stinky and homeless, then finally after a few butt kickings I am hoping (you know who you are) he will get his life back on track....ya know at the bottom of it I think those of you that get stuck in these positions feel like you are stuck in life, like you got a crappy hand dealt to you and so now you are covering it up with the one thing that makes you forget about it for a moment....the thing is...you can get help, you can be successful, and you can stop being selfish and remember that with humility you can realize that there is a better life, YOU CAN BE AND DO WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU WANT TO DO....you may think that sounds cheesy, but you obviously forgot that anything is possible for you....it may be a rough road to recovery, but once you are there....IT IS SO MUCH BETTER!...I have never done drugs, but I have seen it hurt one to many people...If this is you please tell someone that you need help...go to a local church, hospital, neighbor, family member, or even just comment on this post and I will get information to you about how you can find Freedom!!!....thanks for listening.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Felicia, thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your friend, Felicia.
    It's a tragedy when someone messes up their life with drugs, and it's even worse when it happens so close to home, with a family member or a friend.
    People need to understand that this could literally happen to anyone, and not be ashamed to ask for help ... before it's too late!
    Thanks for sharing your heart here.
    (((hugs))) to you!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

Join my mailing List


Band website design
Quantcast

A day in my life with Malachi